2.10.08

Satisfied, Unhealthy. Unhealthily Satisfied?

I just finished my very first college paper. It was on Jorge Luis Borge's short story The Immortal, probably the best thing I've read since I got here. I took myself away from the productivity vortex that is the desk in my dormitory and trekked across campus with Steven K. to the Tech Center (open twenty-four hours a day...) This was after we saw Stereolab and Atlas Sound. I like Atlas Sound, never heard Stereolab. Vice versa for Steve K. We fell asleep two different times; myself during Stereolab, for the bulk of their set, and Steve during Atlas Sound for the bulk of his. You could've gathered that, I guess. Anyway, yeah, I had to write this paper and I did and yeah I'm satisfied. Something strange happened afterward. I went into 7-11 to see if they had headphones. They didn't so I left, yeah, duh, and then, not so duh, starting coughing and throwing up into their trashcan. Was it my sickening self-satisfaction? Was it frustration stemming from lack of conversation? Was it something that I shouldnt've been smoking? Was it the travel coffee mug Wyatt gave me our first weekend here? Was it the fucking Wawa hot dog (I hope not)? It didn't matter because the remains of the chili dogs I vomited on (on, not up. Wawa's ground beek/pork/mystery meat doesn't suck as much as "the Sev's.") may as well have been vomit anyway. I'd better go brush my teeth.

5 comments:

mimicool said...

dont smoke
and
bradford is my boyfriend and all, but atlas sound is kinda dumb. remember? we made fun of him at pitchfork? cause we thought it was dumb? were you just pretending to think it was dumb so you looked cool around me? its ok joey you dont need to impress me. i am only your sister.
so just to confirm: joey really likes the atlas sound. true or false

mimicool said...

p.s. go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it was wawas hot dog! and 7-11 atmosphere, its so jarringly (?)bright and yellow in there= throw up. i hope it wasn't something you were smoking

also on the last post, it is weird that before when we lived 15 minutes apart by car we hung out all the time and now that we live 5 minutes away we rarely ever see each other. i don't like it, i matters to me!

Anonymous said...

it matters to me**

Alex said...

all i have to contribute is that this recalls that memory of you making yourself puke at the somerset club a few years ago.