29.2.08

Please Come Dive In Puddles With Me

Gareth Campesinos! of the frequently-lauded-by-me Los Campesinos! commented me on MySpace today. It was in response to a kind of catty remark I left them about how their Philadelphia show was 21+ and I was curious if anyone in the band was even 21. He fucking owned me and I felt like such a loser, haha. But Gareth! Second-tier lyricist of my dreams (only to Britt, of course, who is simply grown-up American GX)! Pretty cool. Peep that shit, link to the left.

I just had a bowl of ice cream... for the third time today. I guess I can live with that because I've been telling myself that when the weather gets bearable, I'm going to run when I'm not riding my bike when I'm not doing push-ups. Safeway makes Butterfinger ice cream which should really be considered a controlled substance by the FDA. You take a bite. "Mm, so good." You fill a bowl and you enjoy to the point where the ice cream acts as a pair of headphones and blocks out the rest of the world. You go back for seconds... and then thirds. And it can really become a problem when you live out winter in a sedentary fashion.

Which kind of brings me to my next point: I can't wait for some good romps around the forest and down down the train tracks. There's nothing I see more in my mind lately than what lies on the other side of Route 52. It's another world, another school district (Unionville-Chadds Ford). First, there are the neighborhoods. Who lives in there? Is that youth I see? No matter, for I am venturing down the train tracks, separated from the rest of the universe on both sides by amazing Pennsylvania forest. Every now and then you come to a large farm and beautiful, rolling deserted fields... the kind I always imagined reading in with a female (Isobel Campbell?). It's the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon or a Wednesday after school. I need it. When the fuck are the leaves and warm weather making a return? Anyone have a Farmer's Almanac handy?

Finally yrs,
Joe (watching Degrassi for the first time in forever... um.)


P.S. Aw fuck, Leap Day! It got away from me too quickly... See you in four years, 29.2!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i love that song and her hair, so cute. what a happy relaxing video

mEEnoo. said...

im gonna start writing in my blog again

Alex said...

my ego would be so shattered if one of my favorite bands left me an angry comment. haha

ashlee said...

degrassi. it goes there.