13.12.07

Hot Times, Cold Weather

It's taking awhile for me to get into my new blog...I'll get there eventually. For now:

So Apple just e-mailed me. "Give the gift of iPhone!" Now why would I do that? I wonder how many people are going to get that e-mail and say, "You know, that's a great idea. I'm going to get _____ an iPhone." Whatever, that's your bag!

I asked for a few things of my parents this Christmas. My "big" gift is this camera I'm really excited about getting:

28mm wide angle Leica lens and 16:9 aspect ratio, baby! I'm excited.

Speaking of things people want, Carrie Brownstein (ex-Sleater-Kinney) keeps this blog, Monitor Mix, and contributes to NPR now and then. She just did this little piece on Day-to-Day about "favorite things." I thought it was awesome and you can too if you listen to it here...

So far, this post has come off as kind of impersonal. To0 blog-y. Reeeeemix:

Mr. Menicucci, newspaper moderator and fan of me (lol) suggested I enter this scholarship contest, the Free Spirit awards. It's a really big deal and it's the only thing I've been focusing on since yesterday...besides the usual things I focus on. I have to write two essays: the first about why I want to be a journalist and the second about what makes me a free spirit. That second one is going to be rough, but I've been messing around with it and I think I'm in the right direction. The main idea is that I'm interested...as in that's what makes me me.

Lists
Reading:
Tender is the Night
What is the What
Anna Karenina
(soon, for Christmas break)
Watch Your Mouth

Listening:
Spank Rock
M.I.A.
Dizzee Rascal
Radiohead
Beirut

It doesn't really feel like Christmas, but that's OK too. Big plans wit' Anna!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

likea lika likea like uh
i hope you know i was planning on getting you an iphone for christmas..