17.9.08

Today

I gave up on innocence. I stopped watching TV news. I stopped watching TV in general except episodes of Dawson's Creek on DVD and Weeds OnDemand. I said fuck this stupid election. I realized that the only reason people ask if you're registered to vote is to get you to vote for Barack. I guess he's ok. But isn't McCain just ok too? Doesn't that suck? Apathetic. Better things to care about. Olde English. Books. The Stranger. Bikes. Hanging out with Scotty Leitch every day. The new CH. Records. Pavement reissues. Getting the balls to ask for a job at Repo Records.

Also, I gave up on immortality. Given the choice: would you rather die or have your memory completely wiped, get dropped in the Mission District of San Francisco and lead a completely new life, not the one you were leading as ______? Well, I'm kind of indifferent. Either way, Joe Gallagher as we know it is dead. Aaron Smuts, thanks for showing me the light.

1 comment:

mimicool said...

what? giving up on innocence? so unlike you. have you given up on being my brother too? i hope not