20.4.08

Gut Wrenching Humans

Plenty of good lately, but first, the bad.

On Tuesday, I had to get a ride home with Schloz. It was a last minute thing so I didn't have time to ask beforehand, just had to run outside and hope he was still there in his maroon Trailblazer. Darted through the hall, outside and past the ultimate evils (sophomores waiting for mum and dad) - Schloz was backing out so I cut through a row of cars. Randy W. was putting his bag into the back of something red. There door was open, of course, and he was between it and the car. I nudged between Randoor and the car he parked next to, with my hand somewhere on the door for maintaining balance (I was squeezing. On tip toes.) Not a second after being free from this shitfuck, I am shoved by Randy. "What the fuck did you do to my car, bitch?" (laughing at utter ridiculousness) "Nothing..." (One or two more shoves). I quickly back myself into the back of Schloz's door. Schloz and Garrett are watching this situation with a mixture of excitement and confusion. "What was that all about?" "Not really sure... I guess I nudged past his car." Randy is a drug addict - some weird mix of OxyContin and Percocet. A few days later, he was pushing around some underclassmen on the stairwell for I don't know what reason. It was just kind of like wha? Why is this kid so mean?

Friday at lunch there was a similar wha moment. John Procope, soccer extraordinarie/guido/jacked moaf, was being followed by this underclassmen and was visibly pissed. They're exchanging words and Proc just gets in his face and starts saying "Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am? I'm John Procope!" Enough said?

The weeks end and end over and over again and like, we continue inching toward the end of high school. I cannot wait for the summer. It's going to be completely full. Just full. And I'm realizing college won't be too different either; Anna will be across town and most of my other friends will be around Philadelphia or around home - a mere fifty minutes. I think I'm actually going to do things: zines, shows, networking, writing, writing, writing, photos. More opportunities, better facilities, wonderful people.

Birthday was normal. What was better were like, the truly interesting gifts I got: Ion record player/stereo receiver, a floppy hat, a bike helmet (side-note: Wednesday, we had a pretty horrifying presentation about the consequences of car accidents. It wasn't anything new for me and it wasn't like the general population of dumb fucks at my school decided to learn anything for once either. But they talked about how cyclists aren't exempt and so I decided I wasn't going to bike to work that day or until I got a helmet. And I got one. And I look like a retard but I feel much, much safer and much less cool), a comfortable t-shirt, a poster-size photgraph of Rihanna in her underwear (ANNA - THX) ten issues of the Believer and four books from McSweeney's. Such good shit! So lately (and the cause behind lack of updates/general internet presence) I've been sitting on the floor of my room reading and listening to records. Let's just say it's been fucking awesome. It was national record store day and I bought a lot of vinyl:

Tokyo Police club-Elephant Shell
the Black Keys-The Big Come Up
Neil Young-Tonight's the Night
Arcade Fire-No Cars Go b/w Surf City Eastern Bloc
Robert Pollard-Superman was a Rocker
Belle and Sebastian-Tigermilk
Sleater Kinney-One Beat
(the last two i already own but they must sound sooo good on wax, right?)

I'm gonna put more effort into this thing this week!

I love T.V. Dinner and you.

1 comment:

mimicool said...

lol you didnt tell me that story of you gettin hassled. that guy is no better then kimya dawson. straight up butt heads what im talkinm bout