27.4.08

Four Seconds Was The Longest Wait

So I went back in time and I'm listening to the first Sleater-Kinney album (self-titled) in my room the spring of eighth grade year. I'm going to see them in a few days. My room isn't as cluttered and there are no big chairs; just a bed, that mirror chair thing, some bookshelves, ye olde hi-fi (my all-in-one record player/tape/radio band/three CD changer). Also, I'm having a house show (this!) Friday... The New Tyrants (we changed our name), If This Ends and what is sure to be a wildass all-star band playing a surprise partay cover. I think a lot of people are coming out (I have this weird, newfound popularity) so that's cool and leads me to my next point. Dating Caitlin has been really fun. Totally different from the usual (Aubrey, Evyn, Alysha etcetera).

Here are some cool Sleater-Kinney lyrics. Self-titled is really underrated by the way, but
One Beat remains one of my favorite albums ever and it's the best thing they've ever put out... pick it up.

"Don't you know I saw you go/On that day?/Running for my life/I'm running from those eyes/And if it feels that way..."
-"Slow Song"

Dude I love this band. Like I said, Caitlin's great, but sometimes I wish Carrie Brownstein was my girlfriend. I'd take Corin too.



Just kidding! But wasn't that crazy? Remember those times?

Right now seems kinda like a throwback to then because: I can't stop listening to Sleater-Kinney, I'm having a house show May 10, I have band, just got a new record player (an actual hi-fi this time, actually: Ion record player, Sony receiver/radio band, Panasonic CD player), I have no girlfriend but that doesn't stop me from hanging out with lots of like, people from Kennett (who I might add are the BEST KINDS OF PEOPLE). For example: Prom night was really fun even though it wasn't a soon-to-be-adapted-into-a-movie gorefest. I think the Kennett crowd has something that other crowds lack and that is in a word, maybe, unity. That's a feeling I get nowhere else (and cheesily enough, belonging; like, I feel like I belong at KHS events). What would this be without a photoverload? Please, humor me. Here's what it looked like:










That's my date MJ and I talking about movies or something.

Kelly's toast to alternative youth!

Mid-bite! So embarassing but MJ still looks good in my opinion.

I found that in my coat pocket.

Two freshest



Give me your best Serena face.



A very good man indeed: Kyle Kogut.



Sarah Aument is cool and has always been cool and looked and danced great Friday night.

I crept around these two all night but they loved it.

I like these two.

Ha!

Strange faces?

Will and I have this ritual at dances where we attract a crowd with our absolutely out of control daring and dare I say revolutionary style of moving.







One more time!

Like I might have said, MJ is really neat.

So's Sarah.





This makes me think of prohibition-era booze houses.

I love the look on my face.

Favorite photo from the whole night. For those not in the know, that's Mark and Mimi.

Rest.

What's going on here?



Sam Frank. He, Skippy and I all shared one life between seventh and eighth grade.

The parting of the ways.

Julian Rose made me love hip-hop! He burned me College Dropout for my birthday in eighth grade and I've been a white-ass Kanye fanboy ever since.

Goodbye Sarah, you cool person (she makes great music).

The saltiest urchins! On the right we have Gab P whom you may remember...

Observe: Middle age Swedish male attempting to bite his wife.



Aw. Is this love?

Cam loves an emu I mean an Emma.

lagggghhhh droooooool

Victory!

Timeline: return home from work, updated blog. Got ready when people started arrive at my house. Left (The Lemonheads-It's a Shame About Ray). Milled about saying hello to people I haven't seen in some time. Ate dinner. Prom dancing. 100% enjoyment (maybe too much? I don't know, you tell me). Drive home (on Cossart no less. Cut Copy-In Ghost Colours, Beggars Banquet). Hang out, catch up with mom and dad. A walk to the end of the street turns into (get this) a Walk to Wawa (caps neccesary. Est two miles). After that another parting: Robert and Mimi and Kara walk right back home while we (Emma, Cam, Kelly, Trey, Caitlin and I) walk up Route One to Greenwood Elementary, then, through Baneswood, then, back home (Est 3.5 miles). Yes, I love the spirit of adventure. Night wraps up with awesome chatter in the garage tent (The Kinks-Are the Village Green Preservation Society).

Rest of the weekend didn't compare but last night Anna and I watched 10 Things and it ruled.

So: youthful exuberance+good music+even better people+seeing people again+moving back into other people's circles etc...=sufficiently seizing the day and I love you goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

f prom!

i wish i was theerrree