4.2.10

Isuzu

I think Temple students have a weird sense of pride about "shootings in North Philly," "right around campus." I think they like the novelty of it. Over spring break or at Easter dinner, they will catch up with relatives who will no doubt make a joke about wearing a bullet proof vest or dodging bullets on the way to class. The student will reflect, not with awe but with the wisdom only a college kid in the big city can possess. (This assumed wisdom is why I have removed myself from on-campus housing.) "It was right by my dorm! Sirens all night! Happens all the time! Crown Fried Chicken massacre!"

3 comments:

Alex said...

I hate this. It's like all the poor people in philadelphia sitting down at the dinner table at easter dinner saying "I see those college kids' parents dropping them off in BMW's all the time! They usually have a set of yacht keys dangling from their lanyards!"

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen Emmi said...

Joe, I cannot tell you how it irks me, too. I still have yet to see a legit "Crown Chicken massacre" and I hope I never do.