11.2.09

A FALSE SENSE OF SPRING

Is this global warming? For the last three to four years without fail we have had warm spells in January and February. If it's the dreaded meltdown, I really don't care. These days, um, no homo, inspire me. Or something like that. Ok they inspire me in this way:
I left my room at 4:30 this morning to go bang out a paper last minute for Mosaic. It was fucking Florida warm when I left the building and I took off my sweater. When I got to the TECH center, I was mostly productive, but also a Twitter fiend. I can't get enough of this Twitter thing. So all day I'm twittering about this awesome fucking weather. I get through Mosaic. Bailed on history lecture cos Sartaj's housing deposit went through and we (Brandon, Matt, Sartaj and I) had to get TT 208 E on lockdown. Got that. Fucking got it so hard. Got it so hard that the only person in the room, the stranger we're going to be living with next year, a Miguel Vaca, shook. I know this. I'm excited for my "experiment in diversity" living situation next year. I'm so past my 93% white high school.

Then I sat at my computer relieved and waiting for Wyatt to wake up so he could help me study for Bionic Human. He wasn't having it so I threw on my purple "pre-gaming for springtime" polo and headed out into the world (which was bright.) Wandered (as much as you can wander around Temple's campus anyway) and eventually settled on that big flat expanse above Anderson and Gladfelter lecture halls. Had to move though, wanted to meet my GF! So I waited by the bell tower on the beach next to some dumb ass fucking broad in a frock and leggings and big shades reading Kerouac and smoking. You're not hot. Anyway, I read the January issue of Outside that featured Lance Armstrong on the cover. Shit was hot. D. finally showed up and I was so fucking happy because the sun brought out all her freckles and I realized that if anyone belongs in the sun out there on the beach by the bell tower then it was definitely her and maybe myself. Us together.

OK no homo but those last sentences are pretty much the reason behind this entry.
So let's take a break from the corny real quick:
Everyone Everywhere is cracking me up on WKDU right now
Miles and I fixed gear frenzy Spring Break 09

D. left me on the grass next to Michele. I tried to read and listen to the Pains of Being Pure at Heart with her but I fell the fuck into a deep sleep and woke up an hour or so later PISSED because: Michele was gone and this somehow made me really mad, the two upperclasmen pseudo intellectuals talking about the meaning of life were STILL smoking cigs and wearing sunglasses under my tree, the sweatshirt I was laying on had become SOGGY and I could barely lift my head up. I got a Red Bull and found Mike V at Anderson Gladfelter tunnel. We talked about music and twitter and Mike was my hero as usual. Actually, Mike, I don't really worship you like I imply, but every time we hang out it's just like "Dude, Mike V is awesome." D. found me again and we sat on a concrete wall, still enjoying the weather, getting bothered by something in the air, found a secret passageway, walked me to the Bionic Human. I nailed that test. Continued with my outdoor life with Linz. Then D. again. We were last seen making out in front of Beury, talking about what. An awesome. Day. It was.

3 comments:

mimicool said...

what? you have a new living situation next year? why didnt you pick up my phone calls last night!!! and ugghh i was in bed last night trying to find 91.7 on the radio. but i couldnt. too tired to go down on the computer. man!

Mike V said...

man, you're wacky! that day sounds fuckin' rad. you were definitely a surprising highlight and change in pace to my many days without joe gallagher. shame we don't meet up more often, really.

i might be living in a place at 3rd and cecil next year with a garage. lots of garage shows? possibly.

Anonymous said...

wholesale ugg boots
winter ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
uggs outlet



UGG Classic Short Boots

UGG Ultra Tall Boots

UGG Short Metallic Boots

UGG Tasmina Sandals

UGG Nightfall Boots